Monday, March 9, 2009

THE BUTTERFLY PAVILION

Today I went on a field trip with my homeschool group. We did some interesting things there, like looking at bugs (no, excuse me - insects), petting sea stars (and other things like tarantulas), and saying that the lady who organized our field trip ruled the world.


But by FAR the most exciting part for me was the butterflies. We went into a large greenhouse-like room where butterflies from the rainforest flew all OVER the place! I felt breathless almost as soon as I walked into the room (mostly because it was so humid). My favorite type was a blue butterfly that looked plain when it closed it's wings, but was a brilliant blue when it opened them. although this butterfly was pretty, it never held still and I couldn't get any pictures of it.

But I did get pictures of other butterflies, some of which I would like to show you!






7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures, Joss! Nice blog...I look forward to seeing more!

Echoes in Ink said...

Awesome blog! I love it.

Looking forward to more,
Sparks of illumination,

C.

Sky Destrian said...

Hi Joss!!

I love your new blog, the template and everything else about it is so cute. :)

I've seen a butterfly like that, too, and I couldn't get a good picture of it either. It must be quite shy. ;)

Love In Him,
~Kylie (from KOF)

Sophie said...

Hey Joss! I LOVE your blog!! I was recently toying with the idea of starting one of my own, so I was checking out stuff on thecutestblogontheblock.com, and I totally wanted to use this template! Ha, ha! It's really adorable...

I can't wait to see your future posts! Love you!

Sophie

Phebe said...

Great pics, Jos! You forgot one of Rosie the tarantula. :) Looking forward to seeing your artwork.

Shirin said...

Love the new blog! I am so glad I found it and your wonderful pictures! Looking forward to hearing more and more. Have fun!
Aunty

Carly said...

Hi Joss!
I love your blog! It's super cute!
I can't wait to see more! Love and miss you very very much! Love, Carly S