Monday, March 23, 2009

Something to think about: Are Parents Really That Great?

If this is a dull day for you...here is something to think about: Are Parents really that great?

Sure your parents feed you and dress you and take you places...but they also do bad things. They say things like: someday when you're married...you can ask your husband to give you chocolates...you can ask your husband to give you massages...maybe for a wedding present. Not to mention that when they have bad weeks, we here about it. Whenever people are coming over, the house is suddenly a pigsty.

But I was willing to put all these things aside and just love my parents for who they are. (note my profile).

But this morning was the last straw!


Today I made an undesired trip (sponsored and desired by my parents) to the dentist's office in which they held my mouth open for about twenty minutes, stuck little metal things to my teeth and then tied rubber bands to the said metal things.


Tonight I couldn't eat most of my dinner in a timely and pleasant fashion because my front four teeth hurt so bad.

I just got the braces this morning and I already hate them.


Which brings me to my next question: are sisters really that great?


I'll have to ask my older sister why she finished her braces so that I'd have to get mine on!

P.S.


Flip-side on the story:

Last night my family threw a big "last night without braces" party. We ordered pizza and had ice cream with pie and caramel. This morning I also had a Jamba juice for lunch.

But that still doesn't change the fact that I don't like braces.

Sincerely (especially the part about hating braces),

Jocelyn





My before and after pictures...I am not pleased.





9 comments:

Echoes in Ink said...

Sisters get their braces off because they hate their braces ten times more than you do AND their orthodontist is the DEVIL in (very poor) DISGUISE!!!

Sparks of illumination,
Catey

Sophie said...

Yes, braces stink. But your teeth will look so beautiful afterwards, and they will only be soar for a day or two..... that is until you have to get them tightened.
Gorgeous picture by the way! ;)

Unknown said...

Parents are good for a LOT....like said pizza party and Jamba Juice! And you look FAB!
Great post!!!

Shirin said...

God gave you the best kind of parents; parents who LOVE you and want your teeth to last a lifetime. Okay. Enough of my sermon. I love you, too, by the way. ;) But did you happen to notice how beautiful you are even WITH braces! not everyone can say that... I'll show you some pictures some time and show you how me and Uncle Joe passed the tradition down to our children. On us, it wasn't so pretty.

Sky Destrian said...

Joss, you look just as lovely with braces as you do without! And look at it this way... your old lady face will have an added effect.

Carly said...

Hi Joss,
We (me and my sisters) use to straghtin paper clips and pretend we had braces! What were we thinking! We thought they looked COOL! Love the pictures of you!
Miss you terribly! Love, Carly

Sky Destrian said...

Joss, will you post soon?
I'm anxiously waiting
I'd love to see some more art
Do you do stuff like painting?

*ahem* Sorry, excuse my bad poetry. :)

But it's true!
I miss you
And all the great writing
You do
So when you post
I will post too!

And this is getting really bad
I'm sure you're turning blue
So I will leave you alone now
I bid you a fond adieu.

Georgianna Penn said...

Oh dear! I am dreading the day when that will happen to me... a tip from my sister, don't get yellow bands for the braces, it looks terrible!

Out of the Blue:jane

Georgianna Penn said...

Oh dear! I am dreading the day when that will happen to me... a tip from my sister, don't get yellow bands for the braces, it looks terrible!

Out of the Blue:jane