Sunday, June 14, 2009

Random Poem

Hey everyone who reads my blog, I just wanted to show you a random poem that I wrote for a writing class this past school year.

Emptiness


The world is full of emptiness
Empty hearts full of hate
Empty minds plotting deceit
Any help that has come has come too late.

Then the rain comes
After endless toil
It washes limb and life
Destroying everything with the soil.

Finally after forty days and nights
We emerge from our home of wood
And in this new and empty world
There is hope of good.


The people’s faith in me was empty
They seemed so confident
But now in danger they panic
Am I really the one you sent?

With a mass behind and a mass in front
I don’t know what to do!
I can’t do this on my own
But that’s why my faith is in You.

With a simple lift of a staff
The waters make a path!
The ocean is emptied; its floor is clearly shown
While Egyptians see God’s wrath


The world is now empty
The savior has left
He was killed by his own people
Forgiving us with His last breath

In sadness, we make our way to the grave
But what can we do when we get there?
We crest the hill and gasp
The stone is rolled away and we can do nothing but stare

Inside are guards dressed in white
What do they mean ‘he isn’t here’?
The tomb is empty
And there is nothing to fear.

P.S.
Is this easy to tell who I'm talking about?

That's all for now, Jocelyn :)

0 comments: