Monday, June 8, 2009

Something to think about: Phones

As I said in my last post, I have a cold. One of the worst I have had in a while. SO bad, that I am actually doing something I never thought I'd do-I am losing my voice.
Although I m getting a little better now, it is still really bad. On Sunday I would start to try to talk in a slightly more normal tone (normal meaning I didn't sound like a caveman) and my voice disappeared. I would try to talk 'high' and my voice just wasn't there.
This leads into my thinking point-Phones.
Phones are really cool and everything but they OBVIOUSLY have some sound problems. A couple of days ago, when I was still talking like cave-Joss (my voice about ten octaves lower than usual-to give you a glimpse of how that sounds, my voice is lower than most thirteen year old guys I know) the phone rings.
I answer the phone.
"Hello?"
"Hi, is this Catey?"
Ok. My older sister Catey, has the highest voice in the world, almost an octave higher than mine. She is a social butter fly and could be labeled as a 'Miss Susy Sunshine'. And with the tone my voice was at that day, I'm surprised that lady didn't ask if it was my dad.
Just something new to think about, which brings me to my next point; which is better-phones, or e-mail?
I don't have time to get into long drawn-out arguments right now, but maybe next time.
I'll be back soon with some more stuff to think about.
Jocelyn
P.S.
I'm sorry if I've shocked you with writing this many posts in-was that only two days? If you end up going into shock and have to go to the hospital, I'm sorry. You can leave a complaint in the 'comment' section.

6 comments:

Echoes in Ink said...

I do NOT have the "highest" voice in the world (I heard that). It's just higher than your "Cave-voice".

And your voice is lower than most of the 16-year-old boys we know (think singers we know... hehe)

Yours truly,
Susy Sunshine

Echoes in Ink said...

Oh yeah - and email is better.

And my heart is palpitating rapidly... I think I'm going into shock!... Oh my... don't do this to me... again...

I'd like to file a complaint!

Yours truly,
Miss Susy Sunshine

Unknown said...

DEFINITELY Email! Spread the word! I DON'T like phone calls, no matter WHAT my voice sounds like!

Georgianna Penn said...

I myself prefer e-mail much better then talking on the phone.
I'm sorry you had such a horrible cold.
I had a cold bad enough to lose my voice one time. When I first lost it I had no idea what happened and it scared me very much... I think I was like eight years old.
My Mom had to explain to me that I wasn't mute forever. :P

Out of the Blue:jane

Carly said...

I hope you feel better! Miss ya!
~Carly~

Carly said...

I like talking on the phone better because you are acctually having a coversation with the person.
Luv ya!

Luv, Carly