Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Short story!

Hey, everyone! I wrote this a while back and thought you might enjoy it!

A Brother's Point of View
I don't understand it. My family was completely fine the way it was. It didn't need a new addition. I'm not talking about a baby. That takes way less of an adjustment. It all started a year ago. Well, if you want to get technical, three years ago.

When my sister was fifteen years old, she fell in love with this other gawky fifteen year old. Although I was only twelve, and didn't know about the existence of crushes, I was still glad to see the Williamsons move away for a little three years on a military tour. Then everything went back to normal...until last year.

The family came back. The gawky teenager had turned into an attractive eighteen year old and seemed to have every intention that he could just barge back into our family. And my sister let him. I didn't have to be told anymore. I was fourteen and could tell when things were beginning to get serious.

While my parents and sister were seemingly falling all over this guy, I grew to despise his every move. I hated that while I gave Shanti a wal mart gift certificate, Jason got her chocolate, among, like, six other things.

Shanti started treating me differently when she was around her beloved Jason. She didn't tease me anymore. When I tried to talk to her about it, she got grumpy with me. I didn't like the way Shanti glared at me the rest of the day so I decided to take it up with Prince Charming.But I lost my nerve every time I approached him.

So I settled for dropping hints.

I suggested that I had known Shanti since I was born. That I had come to love her first and knew all her deepest darkest secrets that she wouldn't dare tell Jason. And it should be that way. After all, I did live with her.

Jason took the hints. He started coming to my house every day, as if to say; "who says I don't live here?"

He found out my interests by way of bribing my parents. He tried to get to know me by saying things. like; "So I hear you like to play basketball, want to play a coupe of rounds?" To which I would bluntly refuse.

But all my hard work failed me. One night, a year later, Jason came over to help on a project he and my dad had been working on in the backyard. When they came in, my dad's eyes were shining. the next morning my sister danced around the house. I put two and two together and asked my mom if the question had been asked. She giggled and told me yes.

Shanti and Jason would enter into courtship.

I made up my mind then and there that I would kill Jason.


Did you like it? I'll be posting the rest of the story in the next couple of weeks!

4 comments:

Sky Destrian said...

I'm very intrigued, Joss! I can't wait to read the rest! :D

Lee said...

Joss come on you have to talk about paintball guns next! I <3 this story!
Lyssy

Shirin said...

Oh yes! Does he win him over? How? How does the sister cope? Do the parents ever get involved? aaahhh... more more1

Carly said...

I can't wait to here the rest!

~Carly~