Saturday, February 27, 2010

Additional Ideas for Olympic Events...

Before you read this, you may want to read the posts of my darling mother and sister.
The issue that has recently been floating around my house is the issue of...too many events? or confusion over too many events?...whatever. You get the idea. My sister and Mother have already come up with some brand new and fresh ideas on new events. Here are some of my top three new Olympic sports...

#1: Cross Country ski jumping...
where you jump off the ramp as far as you can and shoot a rifle at the ground to prolong your flight.
When you land, you go up another ramp and fly on that one while shooting the rifle. Do this for ten miles. (The Wright brothers would have loved this...)

#2: Moose Fighting...With a Bull...
where you ride a bull (believe me, it's safer than the moose) trying to detain the bull moose with figure skating skates. Dazzling it with your hip-shakin' moves is not allowed.

#3: Bobsledding-capture-the-flag-curling with skis...
You begin on the super duper teeny weeny slalom and steel the gold medal from one of the athletes. When you've finished that, go to the bobsled mountain (I can't remember the name, so I'll call it the Matterhorn.) and with your team of two, go down the mountain. Depending on how you did on the ski place, and how fast you can be on the bobsled, you could be way ahead of the angry gold medalist, or you might have to use your curling stick. When anyone gets too close, you can hit them with the stick (creating importance for the person in the back). The people behind you will scream threats like "You're not invited to my birthday party!"

So these are my top 3 ideas...what are yours?

3 comments:

Echoes in Ink said...

My one question... how do you get in a Bobsled with skis on?

Ooh! I think that on the Bull fighting with a moose, you should also include no hand-licking. You know how those Russian skaters are. If you don't make it painfully obvious in the rules, they'll do it : )

Susy Sunshine

Unknown said...

I think a moose pulling the bobsled would be awesome....they could drag the silver medal men's figure skater behind to keep it really interesting!!

Sky Destrian said...

Ooh! Monkeys!

The Olympics were...*clears throat* interesting to watch.

Like I said on your sister's blog,I think that we should have the moose do skiing competitions, and they should do it blindfolded. That would be...awesome.